Getting started is easy
- Just call or email to schedule a free video consultation. The consultation is just to meet and discuss what you or you child wants to learn. The consultation can be done over the phone or by video using Skype.
- After we've had the consultation we can set up a start date for your lessons.
- The Guitar Training Camp will send you a Square invoice for your first month's lessons.
- You pay the invoice and we start the lessons on the date we set up.
- Log in to your Skype account at your scheduled time and begin your first lesson.
What you need
- A webcam. I would get a webcam that can handle HD video if you don't have one already. The webcam we use can handle 1080p.
- You can also use a smartphone or tablet. As long as you have Skype on your device you should be able to have lessons.
- The program Skype (download for free at www.skype.com ). Make sure you have both working audio and video! You can also use Skype in your browser. You can also use Google Hangouts if you prefer.
- A fast broadband internet connection (Cable/DSL)
- You and your guitar. This is going to be just like having a one to one lesson with a teacher, sitting in the comfort of your home. Lessons might also include pdf files, and mp3 tracks that I will email you before hand. It’s a fun and interactive lesson where we’ll both play and I will give you feedback on your playing.
Each student will get their own blog page. After each lesson, the teacher will log what that student is to do for the next week. The blog can contain the following:
- the student's assignment
- PDFs of any charts needed to help the student with that assignment
- videos: often I will include videos that pertain to a students assignment
- audio - sometimes I provide audio tracks
- links - I provide links to whatever pertains to what the student is working on.
Here is a link to a sample blog. You wouldn't normally get this much to work on in one week. I just wanted to show some examples of different kinds of things that could go onto a student blog.
RATES FOR THE WEEKLY LESSON PLAN:
30 minute lesson per week = $25
45 minute lesson per week = $35
60 minute lesson per week = $45
Payment is required in advance. All major credit cards are accepted.
The Guitar Training Camp will offer a 10% discount for homeschooled children from the ages of 9-18. The lessons must be taken between the hours of 10:00am (EST) and 3:30pm (EST).
WHEN AND HOW WILL YOU HAVE TO PAY?
I will send you a Square invoice on the 20th of the month letting you know how much you will owe for the next month.
You will have to the last day of that month to pay for your next month's lessons. If you do not pay the invoice by the last day of the current month your lesson time slot will not be secured for the next month.
If you choose to have the option of saving your card on file then the tuition will be automatically charged to that card on the 25th of the month for the next months lessons. This is a great option if you just want the billing handled automatically. This way you don't have to deal with paying the invoice each month manually.
Once you've paid your invoice you're ready for another month of lessons.